We had two rooms reserved, the front desk clerk figured out who we were as we walked in the door, she was great.
The rooms, although adjacent, had two totally separate sets of experiences. One was quiet as could be, mine, on the other hand, had a bathroom that made amazingly annoying noises any time anyone in the place ran water, whether from a sink, shower or toilet flush. What can I say. And a generic complaint, for all inns -- I'm tall, and the way the sheets are tightly fitted at the foot of the bed leaves me with no comfortable way to stretch out to sleep -- leave a guy a little room for the tootsies, please!
Other than that, the WiFi worked, there were microwaves and refrigerators, the air conditioning was on and cooling when we arrived, and there were coffee pots, basically on the floor in the nightstand. Why? Specific shortfalls -- the electric outlet in the bathroom had basically worn out, and wouldn't hold the plug in while I shaved. And although the room appeared to be clean -- a close inspection showed a ribbon of dust all around the wall where the sweeper apparently didn't quite get to the baseboard. Tacky looking <g>.
Breakfast, by the way, was a varied spread with carbs, proteins and fruit. The decaf ran out early, as did the water for tea.
In all, I'd like another shot at the place to see if I didn't jest get a fluke of a room.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Owensboro Hotel Owensboro
- Holiday Inn Express Owensboro Hotel
- Holiday Inn Owensboro
- Owensboro Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Owensboro! Our Owensboro Hotel was built in 1997 and completely renovated in 2003. We greet you with a professional, courteous staff and a warm batch of cookies every evening. While you stay, enjoy our Signature Cinnamon Roll for breakfast, then walk off the carbs on the Greenbelt Walking trail - unique to Owensboro, a paved and illuminated walking trail that connects the city parks. Owensboro, Barbecue Capital of the World, is home to Moonlite Bar-b-q Restaurant. Specializing in American-style barbecue meats; a great restaurant for a family meal or a business meating, and only 1 block from our hotel. Holiday Inn Express Hotel Owensboro is centrally located to Jack C. Fisher Park, Panther Creek Park, Yellow Creek Park, Thompson-Berry Soccer Complex, and all other area baseball / soccer fields. We are three miles from Downtown, the RiverPark Center, Convention Center, Bluegrass and Science Museums, and the Shopping District. We offer special rates for groups, companies, schools, government, and of course our business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Owensboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.