I was staying at the hotel on business. The check in process was fast and smooth, although I did witness the reception desk occasionally being short staffed and people had to wait in line for 10-15 minutes.
The room was average sized, the view was non existent. Wi-fi was expensive $10 per 24 hours, although it is free in the lobby.
The best part about the room was the marble bathroom and soft clean sheets. I really slept very very well on their bed. The bathroom looked high end and there were 2 types of shower. There was no bath tub, which was a major upset for me, as I love taking baths frequently.
The room was quiet, I couldn't hear my neighbors.
I ordered room service once and both the food (it wasn't a complicated order) and the service were excellent. I was very pleased.
I used the hotel gym once. They made an attempt to make it high end. Very nice floor, good machines. Even free apples. However, not everything was thought through: the water cooler didn't work, there were no mats, so one has to use small towels instead.
The location of the hotel is just perfect: just around the corner from the Hancock Observatory and 2 steps away from the Miracle Mile.
The biggest problem that I had with this hotel was service. I forgot something in my room as I was checking out early in the morning. I called the hotel promptly and asked them to retrieve it, telling them that I would come by to pick it up in the afternoon. When I came by in the afternoon, they said that they haven't checked yet if the item was there and that it would be 5 minutes. 15 minutes later I had to leave for the airport without my item. Really, this would be so easy to get it right.
Although I'm giving them 4 stars, it's more like 3.5
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale’s and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar with live jazz piano creating the perfect atmosphere in which to relax and unwind in the evenings. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.