We arrived at the hotel really early (10am) even though our room was not ready Malcolm (Guest Relations Manager) set us up in a temporary room. Later that afternoon we moved to a Jr. Suite in the new tower. The room had a small living room, separate bedroom and two bathrooms. We have stayed at numerous IC around the world and it's always nice to have two bathrooms. The furniture in the rooms is a bit dated but functioned well. The hotel was super busy with what looked like to conferences plus it was labor day weekend, as such we got one of the mobility suites, it was fine. Interestingly you can only get ice on one floor (7th) so you have to plan around that if you want or need ice. We used Four Square and got a buy one get one free wine flight at ENO the hotels wine bar after checkin-in three times.
After a long weekend there were some bill discrepancies which the hotel took care of immediately at checkout. Over all a very nice stay with great customer service all around.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Chicago Hotel
- Intercontinental Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself: historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue s architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago s incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.