Good – Room is very nice, kitchen area with full sized fridge, microwave, sink, dishes, glasses, silverware & dishwasher. 2 person kitchen table
Couch & chair with leg rest and coffee table and a nice bed.
The vanity area / bathroom are split which we love and the water pressure is good.
The continental breakfast is great and the person who makes the waffles is amazing! She alone is worth coming back to this hotel.
Bad – only 1 small bottle of shampoo, conditioner, & body lotion that would barely be good enough for one person with a decent amount of hair. Also there was only one small bar of body & face soap, not one for the sink & shower, just one to share.
I spoke to the front desk person who had some brought up to my room on the first night so that was great. The second day after housekeeping was there they removed any extra soap we received the night before plus the open one in our shower so we were back to just one bar. Once again I asked the front desk person to have more brought up again but this time it never happened. After being out most of the day we just used what we had.
Also no local magazines or things to do in the area. Yes you can find some pamphlets around town but it would be nice to have in the lobby at least.
This hotel shares a central lobby with the Springhill Suites so that’s something to consider since it’s the same location and perhaps they meet any requirements you might have.
Also you have to take an elevator up to the lobby to check in, then another elevator to the rooms. This is both good and bad, it is definitely quieter and you don’t hear people in the hallways but it’s also more of a hassle when just running outside for something quick. I do like the privacy so I’m not really complaining about this but I wanted to share for other people.
Do not plan to check in earlier than noon. We didn’t take the hour time change into consideration coming from Michigan and apparently we weren’t the only ones hoping to get in early. They were kind enough to keep our bags for us until a room was ready, along with another 30 or so bags for other guests with the same idea.
We had a corner room on the 15th floor with a view of the street on one side and construction workers on top of the building on the other side. We didn’t pick this place for the view so it’s also not a big deal.
Compared to the Palomar and Omni hotels I’ve been to in this same area the price is about the same, the location is not much different but they had sufficient bathroom items and plenty of information on the immediate area. If you stay here just bring your own soap & shampoo and you should be fine.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Chicago Downtown / River North Hotel Chicago
- Residence Inn Chicago Downtown / River North Hotel
- Residence Inn Chicago Downtown
- Residence Inn Chicago
- Chicago Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Chicago Downtown River North is located just north of the Loop and surrounded by art and antique galleries, boutiques, and a variety of dining options. It is steps from world-class shopping on Chicago's "Mag Mile," and convenient to North Ave Beach, Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and Lincoln Park Zoo. The hotel offers a complimentary buffet and weeknight Manager's Reception, high-speed Internet Access, an indoor pool, and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Chicago Downtown / River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.