I stayed here on business just a week after this place had converted over from a Comfort Inn, and boy was it converted.
Rooms: The room is definitely not what you're used to. No closet, probably for space, just some hangers on a rack on the wall. Not a problem for me. The shower is a waterfall shower, and the bathroom is nicely renovated as a whole. Perhaps the weirdest part of the room is a giant set of lips on the bathroom mirror that glow bright red when the light is off. Quite a unique night light. The bed is very comfortable, and the TV leaves nothing to be desired.
Service: Top-notch all the way. We had to arrive early in the morning, and they were more than happy to keep our bags for us while we spent the day exploring Chicago, ready for us when we got back to check-in in the afternoon. Same upon checkout. Front desk was incredibly friendly and more than happy to help with anything.
Breakfast: Breakfast at this point is just a place-holder for a restaurant to come later, but for the moment it's a free continental spread with pastries, fruits, and cereal. No hot items to speak of, but it's free.
Location: Only a block away from the Grand station on the Red Line. Quick access from there to either ballpark, and all up and down the Magnificent Mile. Only 4 blocks from Portillo's, Al's, and Gino's East. Perfect as far as I'm concerned.
Summary: Stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Downtown
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel
- Comfort Inn Downtown
- Comfort Inn Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish Downtown Chicago Hotel. The brand new ACME Hotel Company in downtown Chicago offers a modern hotel experience with stylish decor, a high-tech vibe, affordable rates and so much more.Located 2 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile in the River North neighborhood, ACME is downtown Chicago's all new boutique hotel alternative.If you appreciate an eye for design and dig a high-tech vibe, you'll feel right at home. We'd like to call ourselves cool, or hip, because we are, but that just feels like bragging. But mostly, ACME is what we consider approachable - in more ways than one. The fact is, we want your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel to blow your mind, not your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your ACME Hotel Company Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.