My family's first trip to Lava Hot Springs was terrible. We were honestly shocked at how poorly people treated us and how run down the springs were; However, that was years ago and somehow we got it into our head that we were going to give LHS another try right before the Thanksgiving Holiday. SPOILER ALERT: Our feelings of this little hot spring town has changed for the (much) better and it mostly had to do with this great find of a bed and breakfast! Btw, the city took over the hot springs which were originally owned by a family and made it into a knock out facility. Very clean and relaxing!
The owners were very accommodating from the first phone call we made and even gave us a better deal than we'd seen online. When we arrived at Greystone Manor the outstanding hospitality only continued. Vicky, the owner, showed us all around the Manor which was originally a LDS Meeting House. They did a great job at transforming it into a bed and breakfast. Our rooms were large, clean and as warm as we liked them to be. Breakfast was delicious! Creamiest oatmeal I ever did have with fresh plush berries and German pancakes of all things! Fresh orange juice even. I thought Embassy Suites breakfasts were good as far as included breakfasts went but Greystone Manor proved me wrong.
What a great find! What an enchanted evening! What a change in thoughts my family has towards Lava!
- Also Known As:
- Greystone Manor Hotel Lava Hot Springs
- Greystone Manor Hotel
- Greystone Manor Lava Hot Springs
- Greystone Manor Lava Hot Springs, Idaho
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful bed and breakfast inn with conference facilities, wedding chapel and reception center. Located right in the heart of the quaint resort town of Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. Soak in the world famous hot pools. Enjoy a couples massage on site at the Greystone. Shop, eat, float the river... all within walking distance of the Greystone Manor. Call us to book the Greystone Experience! ... more less