Me and the bro opted to invest in a plush hotel for our 1 night stay in Tawau as we sorted our Indonesian visa. It was a good decision and we recommend you come here to taste the amazing dinner buffet that has some of the best food I have ever had on my travels. Quite simply delicious and so much choice. There is a range of salads, soups, cold meats, hot meats, seafood (the stuffed crabs were divine), veggies, local dishes, international dishes, salsas and topped off with a selection of fresh fruit and a teasing selection of petits-fours, small and delicious mini deserts.
We paid MR200 for a twin room and the buffet was RM40 per person. Result.
* High quality rooms with good beds, TV, AC, fridge
* Clean and good quality ensuite bathrooms
* Wifi available but you have to pay
* Free use of gym and swimming pool (though it's a 5min walk)
* Bar and restaurant
* Next door to big shopping mall with ATM
* Friendly and helpful staff
* Easy to get taxi but you can walk into town if you prefer
* We had room 1403 and it faces onto the generators for the hotel, so it was rather noisy, more than it should be for an upmarket hotel
* Corridors are rather dingy - remind me a bit of The Shining
* It's big and impersonal (though to us that can be an advantage with privacy)
* Though it's called Promenade Hotel, it's nowhere near the promenade!
Overall we liked the place. Comfy, good condition, really good rooms and one of the best dining experiences I've had in 9 months. The chefs are really talented.
Ask for a room away from the generators
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC