The Knights Inn is located at the north end of a strip of generally budget-priced motels along Tamiami Trail (US 41), just south of the Sarasota Airport and University Parkway. It's an older motel but the rooms have been tastefully upgraded - surprisingly so, for a motel in this price range - and are very clean. The managers are very pleasant and helpful. My single-bedded room was furnished with an oversized double bed, sofa, coffee table, bureau with TV, small work table. Bathroom was spotless. The climate control unit worked fine, and the bed was very comforable - and with 4 pillows of varying softness. Overall, the room packs a LOT of value for a very reasonable price.
There are a few very minor things to be aware of - none of which should deter anyone from choosing this property:
- Traffic along US41 can be very heavy, and the noise does carry into the room.
- On first floor room, when people upstairs are walking around, the thumping can be heard noiceably downstairs. Not uncommon in older hotels, but for people who are noise sensitive, this may matter.
- There is a free continental breakfast, but it is spartan, and there is no eating area in the lobby where breakfast is served. You can take your selections back to your room. The coffee was freshly brewed and quite good.
It's worth noting that the neighborhood further south of the motel does have its share of very cheap, older, somewhat seedy motels that may tend to attract .. well ... business by the hour. This hotel, being at the north end of the strip, is sufficiently removed from that so that this does not to appear at all to be a problem in this particular area. (And I doubt the managers would stand for that anyway, as it is clear that they wish to run a very respectable establishment - which they do.) I've stayed here multiple times and never experienced or sensed a problem, but those who are visiting the area for the first time and who approach from the south driving north on US 41 may have concerns about the area, and my comment here is to help allay those concerns.
The Sarasota airport is less than 5 minutes away, and there are plenty of restaurant choices east along University Parkway, and a few along Tamiami Trail, including Barnacle Bill's (next door - seafood), and El Pescador (further south - Italian) which are quite good.
When booking, check out the rates on the brand website. AAA, senior, and AARP discounts are available which make a good deal even better.
- Also Known As:
- Sarasota Knights Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarasota Florida Hotel Ideal Location:Make the most of your trip to the Sunshine State at Knights Inn Sarasota hotel. Conveniently located on Route 41 the Tamiami Trail, our hotel near Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport offers easy access to downtown and beachfront living on Siesta Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Booking.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Knights Inn Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.