My husband and I just got back from a four-day, three-night stay at this hotel. It was great and we have agreed we won't be staying anywhere else whenever we go to Orlando.
We didn't have our kids with us, but the room would have been fine for them if we had. It had two rooms, one with a very comfy King bed, the other was a living room with a fold-out couch. Both had TV's, although they were the older kind. We really didn't watch much TV anyway. They provided a shuttle to the Disney parks, but we didn't use it, so I can't comment on how well that worked (or didn't). You can buy Disney tickets there, but I don't recommend that. I inquired about getting two adult tickets to one park for one day, and it was about $20 per person more than buying a park hopper ticket on Disney's website. There was someone working for the hotel who offered us a deal for half the price of buying through the seller at the hotel, but we would have had to sit through a 90-minute timeshare presentation. No thanks. Just want to warn anyone who is thinking of getting tickets at the hotel.
We got our wi-fi for free, although a card in the room said it was $12/day. I don't know if that's old info or if we lucked out. The wi-fi was a little slow, but decent. We were on the top floor, so it could have been due to that.
The free breakfast was really good. The omelet maker was hilarious. He had everyone laughing. Such a character! He was off the day we checked out and we were so disappointed. The other guy did a good job, but he wasn't funny. In addition to the cooked to order omelet station, they also offered grits, bacon or sausage, french toast or pancakes, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Beverage options were skim milk, 2% milk, chocolate milk, orange juice, cranberry juice, coffee (regular or decaf), and there was hot water for tea or hot chocolate. On our last morning there, the orange juice was awful for some reason, but I think that was a fluke because it was fine the other days.
The location was good too. We were fifteen minutes from the Universal parks, which was what we were doing in Orlando. There were several take-out places nearby. They offer room service as well, but we didn't use it. They have a Pizza Hut Express in the hotel, but there is a regular Pizza Hut that is a sit-down, carry-out, and delivery location just a few blocks away. It's cheaper as well. There was an Indian restaurant nearby called India Palace nearby that my husband enjoyed. There was also a grocery store close by that was good, although I thought it was a bit hidden. Disney property was just a few blocks away. We went to Downtown Disney for a bit, and I think it was only a few miles from the hotel to the parking lot. It was about a half hour from the airport.
The hotel staff was great. The bartender opened our wine that we brought in and gave us chilled glasses as well. A guy at the front desk helped recommend restaurants, even going so far as to print out information for one he thought we would like that wasn't on the list the hotel provided.
Parking was free. You just had to insert your room key to open the gate. There was plenty of room in the lot.
Our room had a small fridge and microwave as well as a coffee maker.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Hotel
- Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Embassy Suites Orlando
- Orlando Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite hotel is on the doorstep to the Walt Disney World® Resort. We offer a complimentary, scheduled shuttle to and from the Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks. With our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, tennis courts, fitness center, and multiple on-site restaurants, we are a perfect location for your next Orlando, FL family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Olotels, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.