My husband and I were looking for a tropical-like place to spend our 10th anniversary and found just the place! While we loved our overall experience, I'll list what we loved and what we would have changed about the vacation.
* Gorgeous landscape! The moment you cross over the bridge to Captiva the landscape dramatically changes.
*The view from our beach villa
*Customer service - we were originally placed in a villa right beside the noisy pool so we asked to be switched since it was our 10th anniversary and we wanted a quiet place. Someone was to our room within 10 minutes to take us to another room.
*Staying on the south side so we could relax without the crowds
*Beach Chairs and umbrellas provided for the guests
*A fresh coat of paint would have done wonders to our villa. While it was pretty clean, a few simple things like paint and a good "spring cleaning" would have made the stay much more enjoyable.
*Expensive food and groceries
*While the location was wonderful, we were disappointed that the accommodations were not as nice as the website presents and definitely not worth the salty price we paid. The landscape of the island makes up for it, though.
Since we were simply coming to enjoy the time away together without the kids, we spent a lot of time on the beach instead of the resort activities. We'd definitely love to return sometime in the future.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Hotel
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Resort
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas, cottages and spacious private homes.Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa with two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grille and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.