We stayed at this hotel for the first time on March 31st through April 2nd. Check was fine, but front desk agent not very friendly. First day of arrival there were no issues, however on the following morning, we decided to do their breakfast buffet. We seated ourselves and waited at least 10-15 minutes before anyone acknoweldged our presence. In the meantime, other folks came in and serviced promptly. The staff, including the manager, just walked by our table several times as though we were not there. We finally retrieved someone to kindly provide us with coffee and orange juice (orange juice is an extra charge!). No tip was left as we felt we not properly served.
On that same day, we left the hotel right after breakfast and DID NOT leave the tag on the door, because we wanted Housekeeping to come into the room to clean it. Upon returning to our room very very late that evening, we find that NO ONE had cleaned the room at all...made the beds, put clean towels, refresh coffeemaker. I call the Front Desk and am told it is too late for someone to come into room, but was offered towels!
The following morning, our departure date, I call the Front Desk again to speak to a manager. At the same time, I find a dead bug on my bed...having slept with it. Both the manager and head of housekeeping come to the room to speak with us. The manager says..."yes I remember seeing you at breakfast." OK?! We are told by manager and head of housekeeping that the "do not disturb" tag was left in the door and that is why Housekeeping did not come into the room. HELLO!!!! WE DID NOT LEAVE THE TAG IN THE DOOR AT ALL!!! Both my daughter and I know that we left the tag INSIDE the room so that our room could be cleaned. They told us that they called the room late in the afternoon, but that no one answered the phone (WE WERE NOT THERE), but yet they DID NOT leave a message for us upon our return which was very late that evening. We were gone for many hours that day into the evening and no one leaves a message or comes to our room to check on us?!?! As for the bug on the bed, manager said that was brought into the room. YES, I brought a bug into the room and decided to sleep with it!!
He said he could offer me a free breakfast which was shutting down in 10 minutes. I said "no" we were going out for breakfast because of lousy service the day before. He said.."what can I can to satisfy your stay?" I stayed silent and waited for him to make an offer...i wasn't looking for freebies at all. He said we will adjust your bill accordingly. Upon checkout, we had a credit of $40.00. Wow, thanks a lot.
Poor excuses overall. Will never stay at this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel Hollywood
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport
- Holiday Inn Hollywood
- Hollywood Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel features 32' LCD flat screen TVs, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms. Overlook our stunning new tropical pool area with a large heated pool, Jacuzzi and pool bar. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is perfect for corporate travelers and families alike, the hotel is conveniently located near Ft. Lauderdale , Port Everglades, Dolphin Stadium and just 15 minutes north of Miami. There's Hollywood Beach, where you can indulge yourself in the wonderful sunshine and explore the famous Boardwalk. Also, don't forget the nearby attractions of Fort Lauderdale which bring visitors from around the world. Enjoy superb dining at our indoor/outdoor Cafe Aquatica or in the Rendezvous Reef Lounge with it's great atmosphere, whether inside or out on the terrace which overlooks our refreshing tropical pool area and waterfall. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is located at I-95 and Sheridan Street. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM).Complimentary Shuttle service to the Port Everglades available (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.