Problem #1 I booked through an internet site that had promos for this condo. It stated 2 BR with 2 queen beds on the 4th flr. (room 403 to be exact). When we arrived it was a 1 BR/Bath with a another room that wasn't much bigger than my closet that had a day bed and a pull out cot. We immediately went to the desk, but they were closed for the day (Sunday at 3:00pm). The next day we went and explained that we did not get the accomodations that we booked online. The lady behind the desk said that Sterling Sands does not have control over what 3rd party internet sites are putting on their listings. After explaining that I wasn't going anywhere until she called them, she called, and the Customer Service agent said that it was a one day promo and that there was no way to pull up the screen that we saw when we booked the room. Eventually they said we got what we booked! I call it false advertising!! Problem2 I can make them best of every situation, but back to the "small room" you can't even shut the BR door when the cot is pulled out!!! the grounds keeper that came to the room seen no problem with telling us to keep the BR door closed and go through the Bathroom to get out?!!!. Also another great thing about the "small" room is that the outside condo lights shine in your face all night, because there isnt enough space to put a curtain over the window!! The grounds keeper gave us a blanket and told us to let him know if we needed TAPE to hang it up!!! I kid you not!!!. Problem 3 Be prepared to buy towels or washing powders, because once your out, your out! Toilet paper and paper towels might be a good thing to also pick up if you stay at sterling sands. The decor was horrid as well. Overall--I stayed at the Holiday Inn 2 years ago, it is just as nice or nicer and will save you big $$.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Sands Condominiums Hotel Destin
- Sterling Sands Condominiums Hotel
- Sterling Sands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sterling Sands is a modern, beachfront mid-rise conveniently located in the heart of Destin near family activities, popular restaurants, and shopping. Sterling Sands offers 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom fully-equipped condominiums with private balconies in a resort setting that includes a free-form pool and spa, picnic area with grill, and beachside deli. Children's activities, meeting/reception facilities, and free wi-fi in all rental units.2013 Update: Sterling Sands under went all new exterior upgrades. New paint, new tiled walkways, new pool deck, new lighting, new elevators, new vending area, new poolside restrooms and more. Come see us!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Sterling Sands Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.