I am in this hotel for a conference, so the hotel is pretty full. Because I was here for a 2-part conference, I had to change my room so on this visit, i have stayed in a king room with a couch and a king room with a chair. and it is my first time here. i recommend getting an even numbered room as it has a better view. You can people watch people going to and from the Westfield Mall and Old Town Sacramento, you also get a view of the parking lot. On the third floor, on the odd side of the hotel, one is afforded a FABULOUS view of the roof and can see the air conditioning pipes and fans and all sorts of things that are so very unsightly, but i guess somebody has to have that view?? The heating and cooling units in the room are a little older, in one room the unit was operated with knobs and the other still has an in-room unit but it is digital. There is free Wi-Fi and a bar and a restaurant located in the hotel. However, with the restaurants and food court in the mall and Old Town Sacramento so very close, you shouldn't go hungry. The room is clean and the beds are comfortable, but because there are still smoking rooms in the hotel, the hallways have a smell to them. I have been in non-smoking rooms, so the air/smells seem fine, once the door closes. They do provide one small bar of soap, lotion and voluminzing shampoo as well as clean towels (if you have forgotten a standard toiletry item at home (toothbrush/paste, razor, comb, shaving cream), they say they will get a complimentary replacement). There is also a small ironing board and iron in the rooms. I don't like that the hotel shares a parking lot with the Mall/City because the parking lot is about a block away from the hotel and if you have suitcases or other items, packing up to go can be a bit tedious. They do however, have valet parking.
It's not the best hotel i have ever stayed in, it is nice and clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza Hotel Sacramento
- Holiday Inn Sacramento
- Sacramento Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel Sacramento Capitol Plaza-Downtown/Old Sacramento caters to both corporate and leisure travel and is set in the heart of vibrant & historic downtown Sacramento. Always remember - 'Green is INN'! Our Sacramento Hotels Old Town has attractions you won't want to miss located within 4 blocks of the hotel include; Historic Old Sacramento, and Sacramento Hotels Downtown complimentary wireless and pillow top bedding to provide relaxation after a full day. Other attractions you won't want to miss are: Sacramento Zoo, Arco Arena (Home of the Sacramento Kings), Sutter s Fort. The Sacramento, CA Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza is close to the University of Davis (Go Aggies), California State University of Sacramento (Go Hornets), Kaiser Hospital, Sutter Hospital, Wells Fargo, SBC, Siemens Inc., Wachovia Financial. Our Sacramento Hotels on the River offers 359 guestrooms and 16 stories for the perfect view of the Sacramento River. We are located 12 miles from the Sacramento Airport . Experience for yourself why the Holiday Inn Sacramento Capital located in Sacramento County is truly the 'Capitol of Excellence'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.