Visited for a business event on premises. First time to the facility and was favorably impressed. Location is downtown - not waterfront, but well situated, within walking distance of several restaurants, lounges, etc and the water.
My room was well appointed, and one of the most comfortable mattresses I've had in a hotel. Had an issue with the remote controlled fan in the room, and it was fixed immediately. My room backed up to an outdoor public area and I had a lot more noise and commotion at night than I expected. Not necessarily unpleasant, just wasn't expected.
The parking garage is right next to the hotel, and there's a small sign. If you miss it, simply turn into the hotel drive, and after checking in, make the loop around a couple of blocks. (watch the one way streets). The traffic is controlled by lights, so that's not an issue. Didn't find it so much of an inconvenience as simply getting to know the layout. Coastal towns are always a bit funky.
The bathroom could have been cleaner, but overall I could not complain.
Will definitely look at this for a weekend get away, and hope the business event is here next year!
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portola Hotel & Spa is located on the waterfront Monterey. Just steps away from historic Fisherman’s Wharf and the Monterey Bay, the hotel offers 379 nautically inspired guest rooms and suites, two onsite eateries, a full service day spa and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Loews Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.