Had a great stay at the Mendocino Hotel a couple weeks ago. I was in Mendocino for a workshop at the Mendocino Art Center which I would also highly recommend. It was a perfect location to stay at right in town. I could easily walk every morning to my class and back in the afternoon. It is located right in town close to many restaurants and shops. I stayed in the Eurpean rooms. This is with a shared bathroom but with 4 of them on the floor, that was never a problem. Also there was a sink in the room for washing up, also a hair dryer so you could finish getting ready in your room.
The only negative with the room is it is quite small since this is a bonafide old room from when it was built in the 1870's. For one person alone it was fine but not sure I would have liked it so much if I had been there with my husband. The walls are also quite thin and I had to call ask them to turn down the hotel radio they play in the restaurant. They were always acommodating. If you hear music and it's bugging you, that is where it is coming from.
In good weather, there is also a balcony outside the room which would really be nice and give you more space. But is was a really cold when I was there so this wasn't apppealing. The bed was ultra comfortable, even the pillows. I always travel with my own pillow but didn't use it because theirs was so good. I only ate one meal there, breakfast which was quite good and good service. There is no elevator but they are happy to help carry your bags up when you get there and down when you leave. The staff was very nice always. There is a lovely room downstairs in the lobby where there is fireplace and it is quite nice to sit around and relax in, talking or reading or checking your email. There is also free internet connection.
The price was really right for this room. I paid $59 before tax as a member of the Mendocino Art Center. I can highly recommend a stay there particularly at the rate I had for the room.
- Also Known As:
- Mendocino Hotel And Garden Mendocino
- Mendocino Hotel And Garden
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1878 and restored in 1975, The Mendocino Hotel Ocean & Garden Suites offers deluxe accommodations: luxurious, romantic, garden suites and cottages situated on two acres of botanical gardens with fireplaces, Italian marble vanities, private balconies and spectacular ocean or garden views. Enjoy antiques, fine art, down comforters, stained glass and Oriental carpets, 24/7 front desk concierge and two award-winning restaurants. ZAGATSURVEY reports “Victorian delights abound at this charming, period Mendocino Hotel restaurant with a California menu that’s right on the mark and sets the scene for locals as the "in place" and well worth the price." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Mendocino Hotel and Garden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.