If Campland on the Bay is your standard, then you will be disappointed. I'm a "full-timer" in my renovated rig (lots of RV Resort experience) and as the GM of a hotel, I understand the value of honest consumer reviews...so here I go:
Pros: Staff are friendly. Office, Fitness Center, Lounge, Pool are all very modern and very nicely constructed...a stark contrast to the rest of the park.
(1) Wedged right between the trolley tracks and I-8, 24/7 highway noise and claustrophobia await.
(2) They charge you for everythinggg (more on that in a bit)
(3) Despite the beautiful photos of the new pool, fitness center, etc...the rest of the property is just a bare bones trailer park (unless you pay to live in "Hollywood" which is apparently a small nicer section? I guess my premium site doesn't compare to Hollywood)
(4) Neighbors. You get some rough neighbors. Mine have knock down brawls every night in their trailer...there is also a dog that constantly wanders about pooping wherever he would like (on my site)....and many neighbors choose to "cut" between sites on their way to the bathroom many times a day (thus passing between your windows and your neighbors, with less than a foot to spare).
(5) Wifi costs $30/month and is shameful at best. I'm on the phone with TengoInternet on a daily basis asking them to reboot the routers and praying for a decent signal.
(6) Two restrooms facilities, one for Hollywood and one for everyone else. The women's restroom has 3 showers and 3 toilets. I typically have to wait for a shower to open around 8am.
(7) Outrageous laundry costs and no change machine. $2.50 to wash a load, $2.50 to dry. Machines are pathetic. On many occasions it takes 2 wash cycles to get clothes/bedding/towels clean.
(8) They even charge you to use the ice machine!
(9) After washing my car and polishing my rig, I was enjoying the day with my windows open. Next thing I know a maintenance man is using his blower to blow an incredible amount of dust away from the MIDDLE of the road and right onto my car and into my rig's windows. He continued this for about 5 minutes. Truly, the next morning a layer of black dust had settled onto the surfaces in my rig and my car and trailer exterior were filthy!
(10) You are charged for utilities
Lastly, get this. I began 2 small loads of laundry at 9pm after a longgg day recently. I had seen a sign explaining that the laundry room closes at 10pm so I quickly hauled over there to knock mine out. Around 10:15pm I was sitting right outside the facility working on my computer while my loads where drying. Next thing I know, an older woman with a cane and two kids trailing behind stomps right up to me and in such a demeaning tone firmly says, "Got clothes in there? You have to get them out, I'm locking up. It's after ten." Her tone and forwardness were so incredibly unfriendly and hostile that I was speechless. She and the kids awkwardly stood behind me as I pulled my bedding and underwear out of the units. Then she said, "Or you can keep them in there overnight and come pick them up in the morning. They open at 8." I don't get shaken easily but the way I felt treated during that experience was so offensive that I'm still dumbfounded and disturbed by it. I couldn't even muster a single word because I was so offended.
Carefully consider what's important for your quality of life before staying here. I'm here until I can move back into Campland during the off-season and this leaves much to be desired...especially for the price. I'm paying $980/month before considering the costs for wifi, utilities, laundry, etc.
I can only assume that paying much more to stay in "Hollywood" would positively impact you...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC