I had planned on staying at TBP for two nights this week. Unfortunately, my trip was cut short by a death in the family and I stayed just the one night and had to leave the next day. Here are several points I would like to make about my stay:
1. Two Bunch is still beautiful. The grounds are serene and the mountain view is wonderful. Always keep in mind that this is an older property and has been let go in some areas, but it is the general "vibe" which makes this place so special. Sure, a good deal of sprucing up is needed in many places and I truly hope the new owners will do that. New lounge chairs, spa entrance/waiting/locker room areas, room decor and a general deep cleaning everywhere will go a long way. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS INTO A COOKIE CUTTER RESORT/SPA WITH ALL THE LATEST AND GREATEST--IT'S NOT NEEDED HERE! AND PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY MORE ROOMS/CONDOS--THE LOW GUEST POPULATION IS PART OF THE CHARM.
2. I have only stayed in the Al Capone suite building rooms 13 and 13A, and tho they are VERY rustic in terms of decor, I hope that some new furnishings, appliances and deep cleaning are the only changes made there.
3. The spa treatments I received (mud & sun--still the best, and a watsu--my all time favorite) were outstanding. In the mud bath you don't really interact with the service provider, but the watsu therapist was OUTSTANDING--I only wish I could remember her name right now because that was such a special experience considering that I was dealing with a great sadness that day. Please, please, please don't change these wonderful services or the beautiful locations in which they take place!!!!!
4. A note about uniforms...I was glad to see the staff at the reception desks (both for resort and spa) were in matching TBP t-shirts (I do think these could be upgraded). I will make one plug tho for the therapists; I think they should be allowed to wear what is comfortable for them while providing services--it is part of the authenticity of TBP.
5. The restaurant menu is quite limited, but the staff was quite friendly. However......I can't believe no one explained to me that there is no longer any alcohol offered. I truly felt this should have been mentioned upon check in, at the very least. I really feel that I should have been notified upon making my reservation or by email and that this should be posted on the web site immediately. If nothing else, so guests have the opportunity to purchase their own before arrival. I am guessing this is a license issue due to new ownership and will be worked out in the future--I HOPE!
6. Finally, I want to mention that everyone I had to deal with because of my early departure was quite kind. The management worked with me to adjust my bill so there were no charges for the day and service I had to miss due to this unfortunate circumstance. Thank you to everyone who helped me out on Wednesday April 18th.
Two Bunch Palms will now be an even more special place to me because it was here I learned of my grandmother's death. I watched the sun come up and illuminate the mountains and had a humming bird follow me all morning--maybe with the spirit of my gram watching over me. The time of meditation in the grotto was healing and I hope to come back here every year--just please don't change this special place into a modern resort and spa. Two Bunch is fine just the way it is; all it needs is a little extra love.
- Also Known As:
- 2 Bunch Palms Resort & Spa
- Two Bunch Palms Resort And Spa
- Two Bunch Palms Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Two Bunch Palms Hotel
- Two Bunch Palms Resort
- Two Bunch Palms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the cradle of time deep within the Coachella Valley Desert, the waters of health ascend through the geological fault at Miracle Hill and descend downward to nurture the oasis that is the legendary Two Bunch Palms Spa Resort. This 600 year old life-sustaining hot artesian mineral well was prized by Native American tribes and archeological digs have uncovered historical village sites adjacent to the naturally occurring spring. This healing refuge has withstood the test of time and continues to be a retreat from the world where people shed their everyday burdens and enjoy the experience.Throughout the years, many celebrities have come to Two Bunch Palms Spa Resort to shed the trappings of their fame while donning the simple life in our Two Bunch robe. Enticed by the magical allure of mineral waters, natural beauty and therapeutic relaxation, many have come to make their spiritual mark on Two Bunch Palms Spa Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Two Bunch Palms Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.