This hotal/adventure destination is so much more than you expect. The location is between the national park volcano and an incredible river gorge. The hotel and food are great, but the activities are incredible. The volcano's crater lake is unbelievable. The birds and animals abound in the national park. The geysers and mud pots are better than Yellowstone. And then there is tubing through the river gorge, riding through the hotel's cattle ranch (it is a working ranch), or zip lining above the gorge. This is not your usual zip line - it is not just speed and height, it also has rapelling and rock wall climbing, in addition to breathtaking views of the river gorge. If you are anywhere near San Jose, you have to spend a couple of days at this adventure hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.