I was shocked when we pulled up to this place. Then I reset during check in hoping the lil cottage will bring a charm the property couldn't. It was a 80-90 degree weekend and we had no a/c in our hot house. The front desk simply said "oh, we didn't get to your cottage" when I asked about a window a/c unit I saw on a different cottage.
The location is fine for a night, easy walk to Calistoga restaurants and shops. The spa is LAME, the mud/shower room was worse than a cattle washing station I've seen on farms. Mold smells filled the air. My facial lady was nice and that was a plus to the low rent spa.
The pool was relaxing, warm but full of bugs. If they had skimmed it every so often I would have lived there. Weird rule at the pool- you can bring food but no wine. Hello? We're in wine country?
For the $500 a night it wasn't worth it at all. The Solage is right around the corner and blows this place outta the water. If they would invest some cash into the place it would be world class. They are trying to play off the "old charm" but it's really old dressed up in shabby chic decor. Given the lack of basic heating and cooling in the cottages- you will either freeze or burn.
Please, Indian Springs, invest in some updates and improve the basics.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Springs Spa And Resort Calistoga
- Indian Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Indian Springs Spa And Resort
- Indian Springs Spa Calistoga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Indian Springs Resort and Spa sits on 16 landscaped acres in the town of Calistoga. Our accommodations include lodge rooms, 1 and 2 bedroom cottages , 3 bedroom Merchant House and a two bedroom Hill House overlooking the valley. The highlight of our property is our historic 1914 Olympic sized mineral pool kept toasty year-round from our 4 geysers. Our award winning spa offers classic mudbaths, massage and facial treatments. Come take the Waters! ... more less