The Sheraton Krabi is exactly that...a very nice retreat! The two pools are stunning (one has a swim up bar!), private beach is gorgeous, the grounds are so lush and have amazing wildlife, and there are wonderful sailing and watersports opportunities. I liked the Indian food options quite a bit and particularly enjoyed the discounted Indian food night. The hotel has some nice meal and drink discounts if you look out for them as well as a few lavish buffets. If you are looking for something on the cheaper side just walk across the street or down the beach for local Thai. It's absolutely delicious!
We stayed in both the old and new rooms. I thought the old room was fine, and it was very Thai in design, but my husband (a design guru) felt that it was dated. The newer room doesn't have as much of a local feel but the materials and overall feel are wonderful.
In terms of hotel drawbacks (all hotels have them!) we felt that some of the hotel staff (not all by any means!) weren't as attentive to guest needs on the periphery. For example, my husband saw a woman struggling to take a stroller up stairs and he helped her out, although two hotel staff were there. However, other staff and some of those in management were fabulous. I would have also liked to have seen more Thai food options, although I didn't mind the wonderful Indian food and Italian options with all of the local food in the surrounding area.
The Sheraton Club is also nice. For other couples seeking romance, be warned that I nicknamed it the "kids' club", although my husband and I did have some romantic champagne toasts in the atmosphere we created.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Hotel Nong Thale
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Krabi
- Krabi Sheraton
- Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located on a peaceful, white sandy beach, our rooms feature every comfort to ensure a blissful stay. With a full range of activities and excursions we are the ideal choice for families and couples alike. Be as active or as relaxed as you like - try kayaking, climbing, diving, snorkeling, the heavenly Mandara Spa or lazing in a hammock by the sea. Fabulous dining, live entertainment and warm hospitality await. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.