Could not ask for much more as far as the Wyndham Resort itself, but it is kind of isolated with not a lot of choices for shopping or restaurants. We stayed at the Mountain Ridge with gorgeous sunsets from our deck. Everything was like new and well furnished with all we needed. This was a timeshare exchange for us.
It was too early for the outdoor pools to be open, but they offer a health club with indoor pool. Two golf courses kept us busy, with Indian Hills Country Club having narrow fairways edged with trees, and Mountain Ranch Country Club with wider fairways and beautiful greens, although some of the bunkers could use more sand. Both clubs were very accomodating, offering reduced rates in the afternoons.
The marina was convenient for picking up a fishing license, renting boats and equipment if you didn't bring any, and pointing out where you could fish from the shore. The "feeding frenzy" area where you can feed the catfish is a hit if you have children.
There are hiking trails and a little museum. The Ozark Folk Center is about 40 minutes away and was worth the trip. Stop at the Mona Lisa restaurant in Shirley for a great breakfast.
You definitely need a car and be prepared for winding, hilly roads
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Resort At Fairfield Bay Hotel
- Wyndham Resort At Fairfield Bay Hotel Fairfield Bay
- Fairfield Bay Resort
- Wyndham Fairfield Bay
- Wyndham Hotel Fairfield Bay
- Fairfield Bay Resort Arkansas
- Fairfield Bay Wyndham
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.