This is my 3rd visit to Devasthali and I bless its proximity to the airport. Despite the nearness, it is perfectly ensconsed between coconut groves and paddy fields with a hill on one side giving you total peace of mind and privacy.
Day 1 Wed 7th Mar - reached goa at 4pm and was in the hotel at 4.10pm. Spent the remaining day lounging around the pool with my kid and some games of pool as well. Cycled (hotel provided) down the the green path to the beach to view the sunset with a couple of downers in our hand to make it the perfect setting. Late dinner at MJs fine dining (hotel restaurant) with some great Indian fare.
Day 2 Thurs (holi day) - the hotel encouraged a light holi with water and dry colour. Super fun and my lil babys desire to play holi was taken care off. A number of foreign guests around did not mind a light participation. We took the hotel shuttle to the Bogmalo beach (5mins drive) to shop. I hear the hotels planning a number of flea shops and coffee shops on its estate).
Day 3 - we moved around north goa to Brittos and shacks around. Reached the hotel late to join them for a Karaoke session and an Italian dinner.
Day 4 (final day) - Spa treatment ( ****/5) in the afternoon and a shopping expedition at Ingos (night mkt at Arpora). When we returned we had a FANTASTIC candlelight goan dinner lined up at the hotel restaurant with the perfect weather, ambience and an absolutely delightful Live band.
The hotel has a subtle charm with its very tastefully designed interiors and landscaping.
The magical candlelight dinner with live music needs a special mention.
The staff is very attentive and the hotel manager goes out of his way to address every need
Rooms are large and with very comfortable beds.
The property is actually very large (8-9 acres) and a small part has been utilised for this resort. I believe some grand plans are afoot to increase the hotel size manifold. SO, MORE OF A GOOD THING.
I m SO looking forward to my next Devasthali holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Devasthali Resort Goa Hotel
- Best Western Devasthali Resort Goa Hotel Cansaulim
- Best Western Devasthali Resort Goa Cansaulim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just about 700 meters from the beautiful Hollant Beach, across 8 acres of orchards and nestled cozily in a coconut grove surrounded by hills, stands The Best Western Devasthali. The popular Bogmallo beach is also about 5 min drive and the resort offers free shuttle service to both the beaches. The resort is centrally located, just 2 kms from the Goa Airport and 5 kms from the lively port town of Vasco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Best Western Devasthali Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.