Really no complaints - very nice facility, helpful staff.
Two comments: 1. Bathroom set up is quite strange. There's a large frosted glass sliding door rather than the usual solid hinged door. If anyone is staying here with a friend rather than an intimate partner, I imagine things could get rather strange when it came time to use the toilet or shower.
2. Chose your location. This is city center, near restaurants, galleries, Green Market (street sellers, great place for gifts, esp if you like to bargain), Long St (restaurants, bars). It's perhaps 2-3 km to the waterfront which is also a great destination - the hotel has a shuttle and you can take a cab for not too many ZAR. But if you want to stay at the waterfront, then this hotel won't get you there. Tho the same could be said about a waterfront hotel and wanting to be at city center.
I spent 3 nights here visiting from the US and had a great time in Cape Town which is a must see destination on any trip to S Africa.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hilton Cape Town City Centre South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Africa’s second largest city at the foot of Table Mountain, the Hilton Cape Town City Centre hotel is only 20 minutes from Cape Town Airport and is close to many shops and businesses, the wine district, a variety of beaches and the National Parliament. All of the modern Guest Rooms at this Cape Town hotel boast large windows, 32-inch LCD TVs and complimentary wireless internet access. Upgrade to an Executive Room for stunning views of Table Mountain or the city and access to the Executive Lounge, with complimentary breakfast, canapés and drinks. Hold a conference for up to 140 guests in one of 8 meeting rooms which offer the very latest in audio/visual technology and ensure your event is a success with our business center. Start the day with breakfast in Bistro 126, savor authentic North Indian cuisine in the elegant Mezbaan Restaurant and sip cocktails and relax with a fragrant shisha pipe in the exotic Signal Hill Terrace Lounge and Restaurant. Work out in our Fitness Center or soak up the glorious South African sunshine and stunning views of the Bo-Kaap and Table Mountain in the outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, HostelBookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.