Abangane is situated on the Sabie road out of Hazyview. The house is accessed via a rough dirt track, just short of a KM long. The owners keep large dogs (German Shepards) as pets, but they are very placid and friendly dogs, and not to be feared.
The pool has an amazing view over the valley and the gardens are well landscaped.
The rooms are spacious but are lacking some finishing touches, e.g.
- no hand soap in the bathroom.
- the soap holder in the showers keeps tipping over, letting the shower gel/shampoo/etc fall
Breakfast is average, and we got even got scolded for putting the hot teapot on the table without a coaster, when it was the staff that did that.
Overall, this is a nice place to stay, but we stayed in many other places that were twice as nice for half the price.
- Also Known As:
- Abangane Guest Lodge Hazyview, Mpumalanga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The very prestigious Abangane Guest Lodge is located on a 22 hectare portion of the original “Farm de Rust” situated on the Sabie Road in Hazyview. Since opening, Abangane Guest Lodge continues to maintain its exclusive 4 star environment. The Lodge is highly regarded for its peaceful, tranquil surroundings and its ability to provide the highest quality of service. Guests marvel at the sheer expanse of the luscious surrounding bushveld, picturesque gardens, panoramic views across the valley, the majestic mountains in the distance and the promise of a glorious sunset. Abangane is an exceptional and exclusive lodge. At sunrise and sunset Zebras, Impalas, Giraffes and many more can be seen grazing on the neighboring private game farm. The sparkling blue infinity pool with its breathtaking view over the valley adds to the serene ambiance. Nighttime is magical with lanterns that invite you for a walk through the lush gardens while you take in the sounds of the evening. Most evenings you will be blessed with the haunting cry of the Fish Eagle heard high above the hilltops. Abangane Guest Lodge is the ideal gateway to the famous Kruger National Park. Three access gates are located nearby, the closest being the Phabeni Gate reachable within a leisurely 15 minute drive. The Blyde River Canyon with the famous God’s Window and other spectacular attractions are easily accessible from Abangane Lodge. All just a day trip away. Some of the best restaurants in the area are a short drive from the Lodge as well as a comprehensive, well equipped shopping centre a mere 2 km away. Discerning travelers will find quick access to most amenities and resources they may require. A wholesome continental or full English breakfast can be enjoyed in the Lodge dining room or on the open veranda. The abundant birdlife welcomes in the day as you plan your activities over freshly brewed coffee or tea. After a day of adventure and wonderment you are welcome to relax and enjoy a sundowner poolside, or relax under the gazebo in our tranquil surroundings. Should you not feel like dining out a delicious candlelight dinner could be prepared for you. This would be by prior arrangement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Abangane Guest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.