Just came back from 5 days in the Caribbean part of Costa Rica. We went there thinking the stay a day or two...having been told it's rough and rustic. But it was authentic, warm, relaxed, inexpensive, uncrowded and fun. Today we had a BEAUTIFUL drive to La Fortuna and Tabacon. The hotel is beautiful and our room is lovely. But we could be ANYWHERE. The only thing that says 'Costa Rica' are the bird and frog sounds outside the window.
Then....like any, mid-level hotel...I can hear walking and closing doors and such. But a place priced this way....member of "Leading Hotels of the World"...should be more quiet.
The spa was fun. Thermal/volcanic/hot water running over waterfalls in man-made streams that are in lush gardens. Very romantic...if the kids aren't noisy around you.
Bottom line...this is a nice, swank resort in a beautiful setting. They are doing a great job. But it's really expensive ($60 admission to the spa without any treatments, $5 for a canned soda in the room and $20 for a ham sandwich); and it doesn't feel like you're in Costa Rica.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tabacón Grand Spa Thermal Resort is a five stars hotel located in Costa Rica's northern region, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the heart of the tropical rainforest. Tabacón provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The unique thermal springs emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds surrounded by lush tropical gardens which create an oasis of peace. The hotel, member of The Leading Hotels of The World, offers 7 different categories of rooms: Ambassador Suite, Senator Suite Tabacon Suite, Honeymoon Suite, Rainforest Suite, Superior Premium and Superior, each room with amenities that will offer all the comfort for an unforgettable stay.As a perfect complement of a relaxing experience, inside the gardens you can find The Grand Spa, member of Leading Spas of the World. The Grand Spa taps one of the world´s beautiful locations to offer an incomparable spa experience. Treatments are given in 11 open-air bungalows, all with Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Tablet Hotels, LHW, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.