April 25th,we returned from a 5 days stay in Costa Rica. My Brother lives in Atenas, so my family of 3 went to visit. We treated ourselves to this Hotel after reading extensively about it. We only spent 1 day, but it was well worth the trip! We stayed in the family suite which had a king sized bed downstairs with full bath and upstairs to another king sized bed and full bath, The room was spacious with vaulted ceilings and marble/tile throughout.2 flat screen tv's from the ceiling. Huge secluded deck with a straight on view of the volcano. There was a hummingbird feeder that attracted many beautiful hummingbirds while we sat on the deck. there are also 2 hammocks on the deck that swing out from the wall if you want, comfortable chairs for sitting out as well. The bathroom is huge with walk in shower and huge tiled jacuzzi tub that was more like a pool than a tub, I am 5' 9" and barely touched the other end of the tub, it is also very deep. The warm dark woods in the room really add to the elegance, there is complementary coffee in room which I love. My whole family agrees that the bed was one you did not want to get out of! There is a thick matress, feather quilt, comfortable sheets and bedspread that make it soooo cozy! the pillows are wonderful as well. there is a thermostat on the wall for quiet comfort air. Now the outside....There are several nice outdoor restaurants with great volcano views, the food was wonderful. The swimup bar was great,in a large chlorinated pool at around 86 degrees. All the other pools were natural mineral hot springs ranging from 92 to 103 degrees. Plan to go pool hopping, because there are so many that you can't believe it!! all with slightly different surroundings. They all wrap around the bottom of the hotel.**There is one important thing I wanted all to know. We hung around the main hotel pools most of the time, and did not realize or discover the pools at the other building to the front right of the main hotel until after dark that night. There is a whole other set of absoutely awesome pools at the other building near the main hotel, don't miss these!!!!! walking to them at night is magical!!!! a must see, a labrynth of dimly lit trails winding through a jungle with the sound of waterfalls and lighted pools, gorgeous and romantic if you are there with significant other!!!! the next morning we all went straight back to this area to enjoy these secluded pools, and the fast waterslide, what a riot!! the kids will be thrilled with this one!! There are 2 warm white robes in the closet which are really nice after the pool. At the swim up bar area, there are locker areas so you can change right there without having to return to your room if you don't want to, this is great!! All in all we had a wonderful stay and would consider staying here again. Although you might want to look at waterfall gardens as well before making your decision, that hotel was one we plan on visiting next time....
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa at Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.