I have just stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Shanghai, the location is not that great. It is a 40 minute walk to the peoples square or a 15 metro trip.
The hotel has two buildings; the executive and the standard hotel. I would strongly recommend the executive wing of the hotel. I accidentally went into the other wing and I though it was shut.... lights off/dim lobby.
The hotel is old looking, and not all the lights in the lift were either not switched on or just saving energy!
The room was clean, and bed was very comfortable.
I would not stay here again as I like to be a more in the action.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Downtown Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Downtown Shanghai Hotel
- Holiday Inn Shanghai
- Shanghai Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the dramatic, twin-towered Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown for its vibrant Puxi district location and excellent rail links.The grand Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown is a landmark in commercial Puxi district with its 2 towering wings with separate marble atrium Lobbies. High-speed CRH trains whiz to the Jiangsu Province and Beijing from Shanghai rail station, 200 metres away, and Hongqiao International Airport is a 30-minute drive. Arrive via the close North-South Inner Ring Road and use our underground parking area.It's just 15 minutes on the Ring Road to The Bund, where historic merchants' buildings line the Huangpu River. Meet in the huge Lobby of our 14-storey, tourist-orientated Plaza Wing for tours of the affluent shopping district of Xin Tian Di, 4km away. Fast trains transport you to Ming and Qing eras at water towns around Suzhou and Hangzhou, in under 30 minutes.Our 20-storey Great Wall Wing is tailored to corporate guests staying at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown with its top-floor Executive Lounge. Conferences take place in 2 ballrooms, one in each of tower, and Shanghai Exhibition Centre is 20 minutes by car. You can walk to the glitzy Pacific Department Store for shopping.Dim sum and seasonal hairy crab are served in Yue Garden Chinese restaurant, overlooking the courtyard between our 2 uniquely designed towers at Holiday Inn Shanghai Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Downtown Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.