Ahhhh, can't speak highly enough of this place. When we checked in we decided our room was going to be too small for our 8 night stay which was going to include loads of shopping, so we asked about upgrading to a suite on the executive floor. Andrew (I think that was his name) was the duty manager and showed us the suite and the club lounge and explained all the benefits and features of upgrading, so we did. It was so worth it! Our suite was huge, and the bed was twice as wide as it was long, the bathtub was lovely and deep (with a glass jar of bathsalts next to it), and all in all everything was perfect. Happy Hour in the Club Lounge was brilliant (5.30pm till 7.30pm, 2 hours!) and in the afternoon we would sometimes go up and use the espresso machine which was fantastic. The buffet breakfast was probably the best I've ever had anywhere, and the fact that there is a Metro Station exit/entrance about 20 metres from the hotel is so handy (exit 5 for Line 1, but you can go into that exit and walk underground a bit to get to Lines 3 & 4 as well). Friendly staff, fantastic gym, great facilities, to-die-for breakfast and that suite.......OH I MISS IT SO MUCH!!! If back in Shanghai again this is the only place I want to stay at.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhongya Hotel
- Grand Mercure Shanghai Zhongya Hotel Shanghai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The GRAND MERCURE SHANGHAI ZHONGYA is a brand new designer hotel ideally situated in a convenient city center location: guests can enjoy quick access to People’s Square, Nanjing Road &the Bund. The hotel is only 12minutesaway fromboth Yu Garden or Xintiandi by taxi; 25 minutesaway from Shanghai Hongqiao Airport and 40 minutesaway from the Shanghai Pudong International Airport. With guest comfort and well-being as its priority, each of its well-appointed rooms & suites is a haven of comfort featuring full length glass windows;37-42 inch LCD TV screen with full laptop connectivity; internet and WIFI access; the finest in bathroom accessories with rainforest shower as well as luxury Pacific Coast bedding with 400 thread-count linen.At the GRAND MERCURE SHANGHAI ZHONGYA Dining at both the Chinese and all day dining restaurants will be a delightful culinary experience, while relaxing at the chic lifestyle lounge-bar could well be a 24-hour indulgence.For leisure and entertainment, a range of facilities located on Level 6 includes a gymnasium and chess room.Keeping fit with the gymnasium’s latest equipment will be a joy, as guests take in the panoramic view of the city and the natural light by day, and city lights by night.The Spa beckons with 11therapy rooms. Well known for its special spa treatment menus,pamper yourself and rejuvenate your mind and body with oils, aromatherapy or other beauty treatments.For events, meetings, conferences and weddings, a full complement of versatile meeting and banquet facilities include an elegant Ballroom that can cater up to 350 guests, four meeting rooms. A professional team of experts are on hand to tailor every occasion to the guest’s requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your GRAND MERCURE SHANGHAI ZHONGYA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.