Pousada Tauma is a very special resort which has left us with a lot of great memories. If you are looking for a conventional (aka boring) 5 star hotel then it is not for you, but if you seek something a little different then what Pousada Tauma will bring you is a warm home-style feeling with genuine service when you are travelling in Goa. My boyfriend and I were taken care of by the (good looking!) owner Neville almost every day. He welcomed us when we checked in and suggested a lot of different places we could enjoy in Goa, as well as organising a nice clean taxi for us! The resort has an amazing butler called Matthew who seems to be everywhere at once, is very attentive and gets everything done super fast!
The accommodation is in separate villas located around the pool so all guests have full privacy and a nice pool view. Each has a different theme in pre-romanesque architectural style. Unique and pretty! We stayed in the sea themed suite, decorated with a lovely blue and green wave motif, comprising living room, changing room, bathroom, bedroom and outdoor balcony with armchairs. Right next to the pool and not very far to both the lobby and restaurant. There is also a very large garden in the resort with a lake and well (complete with a tower!) - it reminded me of "The Secret Garden" in Burnett's novel. The food at the resort restaurant was excellent and they were able to serve food at whatever time we arrived - so nice to have no time-table to follow!
The private beach area at Cangalute belonging to the hotel is awesome. Built in a similar style to the resort, with bathroom and changing area and the same great food! A very friendly Labrador called Biscuit will welcome you, and more importantly she will prevent you from being bothered by any hawkers from the public beach. Guests can enjoy sunbathing, food and drinks under the protection of Biscuit!
Pousada Tauma is such a lovely place it is not to be missed if you are visiting Goa.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Tauma Hotel
- Pousada Tauma Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Hotel Calangute
- Pousada Tauma Goa/Calangute
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pousada Tauma is the first 12 suite Boutique Hotel to open in Goa in the 1998.Built from scratch from1995 on a two acre plot,it is known for our traditional Goan hospitality,with plenty of privacy ,lots of open spaces and a lush tropical garden .1)Room rates are inclusive of B'fast ,lunch or dinner, excluding the Tax's.2)We never offer packages and we never discount " one rate for all our guests " Requests our guests not call or emails for discounts,special offers ,packages etc.3)Meals are served keeping in mind that most of our guests enjoy the local regional cuisine, prepared from fresh seasonal produce,meals which are included in the tariff Lunch or Dinner are served in the hotel restaurant Copper Bowl and not at the beach front restaurant.4)We are not located on the beach ,but we have our own beach front restaurant "Pousada by the Beach " 2 km away from the hotel which is open from 11.am.to 7.pm.There is a free shuttle service to the beach and back . Pousada by the Beach has deck area with sunbeds,umbrellas shower and changing rooms.5) Yoga and Ayurvedic treatments are available on request.We would request our guests to give us a prior notice if they do wish to have it.6)If non-resident guests wish to dine at Copper Bowl,request to call and reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Pousada Tauma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.