I was here for two nights in October 2011. Like most other buildings in West Bengal, this hotel clings to a cliff with its Reception on the top floor i.e. street level.. The layout of the guest areas are on mezzanines with the rooms letting off corridors, as you descend the stairs. On the lowest level is a large patio with 3 rooms letting off that - I had one of these. Notable that, during my stay, a well known UK tour group was staying and a Senior Indian Army Officer, so the hotel must be reliable. My room was large, as was the bed. Room TV and full complimentaries were provided. Staff visited to see if I was warm and turned on a large elecric fire. If I was still cold they would light the coal fire in the large hearth - I was not. Other guests later commented that they had not liked the smell of soot and had therefore changed rooms but it didn't bother me. Like other hotels, when there is a large group going through the showers you won't get much hot water and so it was here but I managed. The hotel implores you to save water yet did not supply a sink-plug which, to me, means a waste of hot water. Upstairs the public rooms are nicely laid out with very good views. Large flower displays are attractive. Wide-screen TVs tuned to satellite football at various points. At dinner, guests are served in the Dining Room from a reasonable Euro/Indian menu. However breakfast is a buffet affair which means carrying stuff from one mezzanine to another although, presumably, the staff will serve if required. Food portions and quality are satisfactory. Moreover the staff are are all helpful and considerate which makes the stay memorable. It is located about a 15 minute walk from the Railway Station and further up the hill but not difficult to find.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Resort Central, Darjeeling Hotel
- Fortune Resort Central, Darjeeling Hotel Darjeeling
- Fortune Hotel Central Darjeeling
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central Heritage (formerly Fortune Resort Central) is a luxury holiday resort in Darjeeling, offering an experience of British heritage which has been a part of Darjeeling for more than a hundred years. The luxurious hotel is located near ‘the Mall’ and ‘Chowrasta’, the most famous spots and centre of all leisure activities of this beautiful hill station. The heritage block of this classic hotel was built in 1905 and offers elegantly appointed rooms with all the modern amenities. Experience the lavish 'British Raj' lifestyle as you take time off to relax and unwind yourself amidst breathtaking views ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Central Heritage, Darjeeling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.