I was in Chennai for a friend's wedding, travelling with my parents. I was looking for a relaxing place to stay, a sort of retreat from the noisiness and chaos of Chennai. I arrived a day before my parents did and I was very well looked after. The service was very personalised and I found that to be the best thing about the hotel. They offered us a room in the old part of the hotel which had an unusual charm and calmness.
Room service was great and the breakfast spread was amazing! The only disappointing part was that wi-fi services were chargeable. It's surprising to see that in hotels like Vivanta. Either way that wasn't much of a minus point for me. I would keep going back and recommend it to others. I loved it!
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai
- Taj Connemara Chennai
- Taj Connemara Hotel
- Taj Connemara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.