Despite being in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city of Chennai, Le Royal Meridien Hotel provides travellers with an oasis of tranquility and superior customer service. I use this hotel for my business trips to Chennai and find the rooms to be very well appointed: a very comfortable bed, couch & coffee table, desk, large flat screen TV with links to domestic and international channels, and a relatively large bathroom. The standard of cleanliness is excellent especially considering how hot and dusty the outside environment is.
The hotel is air conditioned throughout, with individual temperature control available in each bedroom. There are a range of restaurants in the hotel offering a varied choice of menus, all prepared to a very high standard.
The staff are all extremely polite and helpful, from the doorman who is genuinely pleased to greet you and welcome you back, to the restaurant staff who are attentive to your needs and happy to walk you through the menus on offer.
Wifi is available to be purchased. I found it a little slow and was unable to use it for a FaceTime conversation with my family via my iPad. Nevertheless I was able to send and receive emails and browse the web, albeit at a slower speed than I'm used to at home or work.
There is a swimming pool but I strongly advise Westerners to avoid using it as it is not chlorinated in the way that we are accustomed to in Europe and the US. Ensure as well that you take all of the normal precautions when travelling in India regarding only using sealed, bottled water for drinking and brushing your teeth.
All in all this is a great hotel and provides a great base for travellers to Chennai standing, as it does, only 15 minutes from the (soon to be opened new) international airport.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Chennai Hotel
- Le Royal Meridien Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Le Royal Meridien
- Meridien Chennai
- Chennai Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Very close to the airport and to several commercial landmarks and strategically located in Chennai’s prime business district, Le Royal Meridien Chennai exudes grace and charisma offering a promise of unrivalled hospitality.Le Royal Méridien Chennai features meeting and banquet space for up 1,500 guests, five restaurants and bars, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, and a splendid outdoor swimming pool with whirlpool. A travel desk is in the hotel’s lobby assists guests as they experience the sights of Chennai, including the Marina Beach, temple architecture, a vibrant theatre scene, and a five week-long Music Season, one of the world’s largest cultural events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.