On a recent Business Visit to Chennai with my spouse . We stayed in Hotel Lemon tree Chennai. It is near to the airport and incidentally was closer to our place of work too.
The property in on a One Way street and Near to the Governor's House. It is in a neater and less congested part of the city. However One way traffic sometimes tends to create long trails of vehicles near the hotel.
Our Room was on the 7th Floor facing the main road but surprisingly very little traffic noise was trickling in. ( could be because of good sound proofing or height.) The Front office staff was young , energetic and very cooperative and friendly. We had an advance booking and hotel taxi had come to pick us up from the airport, so the introductions were smooth and check in breezy. The cab driver was efficient
Rooms size was average but is good enough for business traveller. TV, MiniBar , Tea Coffee Maker etc and Fully Loaded Bathroom (including a bath robe) was good. However bathing soap was dispensed through a dispenser, which I feel should be a proper bar of soap, House keeping was too glad to provide me one with . My request for a softer pillow was immediately followed up with choice of 2 pillows and I was too glad to find one of my liking .
We did not see any restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel but surprise… Surprise… the food at their 24 coffee shop was really good.The menu selection was diverse and buffet would change intelligently everyday , the chefs really did a wonderful job . The introduction to the local food very pleasant and addictive . I must have Gained at least 2 kgs during our 6 night stay there :-) . The Service staff was little distracted on the first day, but when they saw us coming in every breakfast and Dinner, they started acknowledging and serving with a smile.
They also have a Sports Bar Kind of area, which was full of business trippers, enjoying there evening drink with music. This area was smallish and had peculiar smells…. not to my liking.
They also have a small pool on the ground floor, but I did not see anyone using it. I went there twice. They also have gym area, but I did not see it.
The Hotel also caters to crew of an airline and business groups. On last day there was a large group of French Tourists, The Group Guide told me that Chennai was their starting point for the tour of southern part of India.
The overall stay was excellent and beyond our expectation.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai Hotel
- Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Lemon Tree Chennai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centrally air conditioned hotel offer 108 rooms, studio rooms and suites, business center, meeting rooms, a 24x7 multi-cuisine coffee shop - Citrus Café, a hip recreation bar – Slounge, as well as an outdoor pool and fitness center to keep you feeling fresh-as-a-lemon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.