I had booked two Super Deluxe rooms for two nights for my family as in an attempt to offer utmost comfort. However, to the contrary, I share the bitter experience we had at East Bourne.
I narrate my experience as follows :-
1. Poor correspondence - Problems started immediately after booking my stay. I made the bookings through Hotels.com and immediately notified the hotel alongwith all the details and requested for confirmation. However, despite several emails (attaching all the emails, invoices and vouchers from Hotels.com) the hotel would just not confirm my booking. All throughout the journey before reaching Shimla (East Bourne) I was under tension ‘What if the hotel does not acknowledge my booking’, despite making the payment and doing all the formalities.
2. The only positive point - Finally we reached Shimla and entered the narrow road leading towards East Bourne. The hotel lobby looks good and the garden with beautiful flowers looked very inviting. We were quickly allocated two rooms.
3. Wrong rooms allocated - However when we entered the rooms, I noticed that they had allocated the wrong rooms. They had allocated Deluxe instead Super Deluxe rooms. Only after I informed them about it, they shifted us to Super Deluxe rooms. I had chosen Super Deluxe rooms to keep my family with extra comfort but that was not the case. Both the rooms were absolutely shabby with multiple problems.
4. Multiple Issues with the Super Deluxe Rooms - My room had various issues. I could notice various patches of wallpapers stuck at several places. The wallpapers had also peeled off at various places. The walls were stained and wet. Rooms also had insufficient lighting. Moving towards the bathrooms. The light wasn’t working. The controls for both, hand shower and overhead shower, were broken. The door frames were all broken and walls were cracked. The gaps in the main door enabled people standing outside to hear our conversations. The fan/airconditioner controls were working (Essential as it was warm/hot during summer). The furniture quality too is not upto the mark. The toiletries and dental kit wasn’t kept in the room. Kindly have a look at photographs of the rooms to substantiate the above facts.
5. Pathetic Service - I immediately asked for change of room. However, I was told that rooms were not ready and I will be shifted to new rooms as soon as I arrive after visiting the mall road. However, that was not the case, on my arrival I was told that I should make do with the same rooms and I will be shifted to new rooms in the morning when the other group checks out. This was disappointing as it wasn’t possible to spend the entire night in a room where the air conditioner was not functioning.
6. Finally after a bitter experience with the staff, manager, etc. I was allocated another rooms, which weren’t cleaned after the erstwhile occupants left. Also there was some work going on right outside our room which made a lot of noise. All of the above absolutely ruined my family’s mood and we were absolutely disturbed mentally throughout our two nights stay in Shimla.
7. This Hotel has multiple issues and I would advise everyone to abstain from staying in this hotel. They have beautified the lobby and garden to give a false impression of a good hotel but experience is to the contrary. The photographs that I have posted at trip advisor are further testimony to the fact that the management is least interested in providing service to its customers. Infact everyone, right from the room service to the manager, was absolutely rude and insensitive to our needs. They reallocated our shabby rooms, without repairing the same, to other customers who arrived after us. At the same time, there were other customers also who were arguing/fighting with the management. There was complete negativity all throughout. The management back answers as if they are obliging us and we are staying for free.
- Also Known As:
- East Bourne Resort And Spa
- East Bourne Hotel Shimla
- East Bourne Hotel
- East Bourne Resort & Spa Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- East Bourne, a Luxury Resort in the queen of the hills "SHIMLA" the erstwhile Capital of the British Raj to your esteemed organisation. An Eco-Tourism resort situated at an altitude of 6500 Ft. in the Himalayas EAST BOURNE promises an easy paced vacation full of surprise and unforgettable memories. Provided with every modern amenity, East Bourne is more than a resort, it’s an experience………………… A brief profile of our resort is as follows We specialise in arrangement for theme parties, marriages, conferences, fashion shows and product launching. The facilities in the resort are: 61 centrally heated luxury rooms with attached baths (cubical with shower panel with hot & cold running water), hair and body dryers, LCD, Wooden flooring, Mini bar, Tea/Coffee maker, Laundry service, Room service, EPABX & STD/ISD facility, Standby generator "Vertigo" The Multi Cuisine Restaurant & 02 Open Air Terrace Garden Restaurants. "Zanzee" The Well Stocked Bar. "Reef” Conference Hall - I for 400 delegates (Theatre style), 100 delegates (U-shape), equipped with all modern facilities. Banquet Hall & Open Air sitting (700-1000 pax)."Dunes" Conference Hall - II for 120 delegates (Theatre style), 45 delegates (U-shape). "Waves" Conference Hall - III for 50 delegates (Theatre style), 25 delegates (U-shape). "Maples" A Modern health spa with cold and hot sauna, steam, massage tub, massage chairs, body massages and men & women beauty Saloon, Gymnasium. "Aqua" The Night Club (60 pax) "Maples" The Indoor heated Swimming Pool with sunken bar. A huge Reception, Lounge, Coffee Shop, Bakery and Library overlooking a Rose Garden, Creche, Video Games, Table Tennis, Pool Table, Indoor Games, Bar-be-Que, Bonfire, Doctor on call, All Secretarial Services, Internet, Travel Desk, One Free pick up and drop from resort to town and vice versa daily (10 am to 8 pm), Free car parking (underground) and coaches, Gift shop, Children's Activity Centre Available on request Trekking, river rafting, ice-skating, roller skating & golf, All major credit cards accepted, Accommodation for drivers (Bunker style). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your East Bourne Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.