This hotel enjoys an incredible location in the middle of tea plantations, with beautiful valley views. It was extremely difficult to find (no signs) for our Indian driver.
We found it far from Munaar and felt that a closer hotel might be a better choice.
Our room, PL A, had an annoying hum from generator nearby but luckily it stopped at night. We had mosquitoes but no screens on windows.
Management could not put all 3 rooms near each other even if we had booked over 3 months ago.
There is free wifi in lobby and staff let us use the hotel PC to access the web.
Dinner (set menu) was unfortunately bland. Soup and dessert tasted like package stuff. At 700 inr per person was a total ripoff
Breakfast, on the other hand, was tasty idli or eggs and fruit and such
It caters to Indians and foreigners
- Also Known As:
- Windermere Estate Munnar
- Windermere Estate Hotel Munnar
- Windermere Estate Munnar, Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere Estate is an 18 room boutique hotel perched on the hill slopes of Munnar on the Western Ghats with expansive view of tea estates. This family run property owes its name to one of the oldest cardamom plantation in the region. Set in the midst of a 55 acre cardamom & coffee estate , Windermere promises a true plantation experience with a unique blend of simplicity & luxury, combining modern convenience with old world charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Windermere Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.