I stayed in this hotel for 10nights in January this year with my boyfriend, and after reading some reviews we didn't know what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised.
The staff in the hotel are fabulous and we spent more time talking to the staff then we did to other holidaymakers. A tip goes a long way and we found that by giving a few euros to a waiter meant that they did not forget us for the whole holiday-constantly ensuring we had enough of everything and a full glass-they also seemed to really appreciate good manners and a smile also! Sammi G even brought us drinks while we were at the pool, when we did not ask for them-we felt this was a nice touch!
The biggest complaint people seem to have with this hotel is the food. We ate breakfast every morning in the restaurant and never had any complaints. There is such a wide variety pastries, meats, breads, cheeses, cereals etc. They also have one station where you can avail of fresh omelets, eggs made right in front of you. We usually ate lunch in the restaurant beside the pool/beach where they made fabulous fresh pizzas. We didn't eat in the hotel for dinner many nights, as we liked to get out of the hotel for a few hours, but the times we did eat there they were always decent. There is always something that you can have that is made fresh in front of you. One let down would be the desserts, they were all a bit bland and tasteless!
Our rooms were kept immaculate and no matter what time we left in the morning (after quad biking at sunset 13.30 one morning) the room was always perfect with fresh water and fresh towels.
Probably the most annoying part of the holiday was the people coming around offering trips and beauty treatments by the pool, after a week they were still coming up to us! Although we did get a full body treatment which I would really recommend-I think it was called Cleopatra-very reasonable price! We also took a boat trip and went snorkeling-you have to haggle with all these people if you are planning on doing a trip but well worth the money!
Night life was only OK but as the hotel was not even half full-what can you expect! Other activities planned by the entertainment team were good also, except for at night-not very good entertainment, but again the hotel was only half full. The daytime activities were good though with many sporting and exercise activities free of charge!
Last point would be taxis-the taxis from the hotel will rip you off and if you walk up to the road they were much more reasonable (half if not less the cost) and we never had any problems with anyone we got!
All in all a great holiday and I would not hesitate to go back!
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Sharm
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh/Nabq Bay, Egypt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.