Sometimes to get a premium location without paying top dollar you need to make a few compromises.
The Manso hotel is right on the Malecon 2000 overlooking the river. A room at the front looks right over everything. A $5 taxi will get you to the airport and you can walk easily to las Penas (very nice) and there are plenty of eateries within a few minutes stroll.
The ceilings are high and the rooms are well decorated in a kind of boho style. We had air con, cable tv and the bed is as comfortable as any I've slept in.
The trade off for the location is that the main road on which the hotel sits is quite noisy until the early hours. A pair of ear plugs solves the problem and its probably no issue at all if your room isn't at the front.
The shower is a bit disappointing (see my picture if I can get it to upload). No hot water and a flow suggestive of a major prostate problem.
All in though, I'd recommend the Manso. It's a great base to see the city, handy for the airport and decent value for money.
I'd just like to add also that I really liked Guayaquil. Coming from Quito, I was told to expect an urban war zone but what I found was a clean, modern city by the river with plenty to see and do, that was safe to walk around (common sense applies as always) and with some of the friendliest folk in Ecuador.
- Also Known As:
- Manso Boutique Guesthouse Hotel Guayaquil
- Manso Boutique Guesthouse Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Guayaquil city centre on the west bank of the River Guayas, this hostel offers free Wi-Fi access throughout the property and a restaurant, serving freshly-prepared local and international dishes. Guests can relax on the balcony, offered with some rooms, and take in the view of the city. Private bathrooms are offered in some rooms of Manso Boutique Hostal while others have access to shared facilities. Simon Bolivar Airport is just 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Manso Boutique Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.