The hotel is what 'what you see is what you get' - a Hilton Garden Inn near the heart of downtown. What made the visit particularly great was that there was a woman named Linda (special 'ambassador' as they call them) who pointed us to good restaurants, made reservations for us, wanted our feedback (in case she wasn't familiar with a place/event), and just provided a really welcoming atmosphere. I have been to many a hotel in my life, and never have I had (except at this Austin hotel) such a warm, friendly, and helpful group of staff.
Two other redeeming qualities: (1) there is a running trail not far from there called the Red River Trail which can be accessed about 0.5 miles from the entrance of the hotel, at the Four Seasons, right by the water and (2) there is an amazing bakery/bar/beer garden (yeah, I know) behind the hotel called 'Easy Tiger' where we went for breakfast each morning (best croissants and bread) and at night for refreshments. Great atmosphere.
Oh yes, and try their orange and watermelon water...just a small detail that was really enjoyable (and doable at home).
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown Hotel Austin
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin
- Austin Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Austin
- Austin Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best Austin hotels, offering first-class hospitality in the "Live Music Capitol of the World." We are steps from the business district, the legendary 6th Street and the Warehouse District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.