I booked a couple of suites at the hotel for the group I was travelling with, a taste of luxury after travelling around south east Asia. The suites were enormous, bigger than a flat!, the bed was huge and very comfortable. The views from the suite were absolutely stunning across kuala lumpur..
The hotel is perfectly located to sight see, with the tourist bus stopping just down the road.
We found the bar to be extortionately priced, maybe because we had been touring on a budget, but £7 for a beer is taking the p....
The roof top pool and loungers were awesome, the lifeguard was a lovely man and would look after you while you were chilling..
We booked into the Thai at the restuarant and enjoyed the 5* cuisine. I had a duck curry which was delicious.
We tried to pop up to the roof top bar at night but was refused by the door staff due to my footwear. At no point was we informed by the hotel we needed to wear shoes to visit the bar as residents. Very poor..
In summary, I don't think we would return to this hotel. It has it good points but that is at a cost. I am happy to pay the price if the service matches...unfortunately this hotel fails..
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Regency Hotel
- Pacific Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Kuala Lumpur
- Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel offers 283 suites, stylishly decorated with its trendy yet comforting feel, complete with modern amenities. Special touches in every suite include the roomy ensuite bathroom with separate shower, 40-inch LCD screen television with selected satellite channels, complimentary wireless internet access and stunning views of the Kuala Lumpur skyline. These suites are also great for longer stays in the cities as they come equipped with a kitchenette, complete with crockery and cutlery as well as a lounge area, but are also perfect for short homely stays. When night falls and it’s time to wine and dine, you don’t even have to set foot out of the building. The Pacific Regency Hotel Suites houses one of the most hip, trendy nightspots in the entire city; Luna Bar. Located on the rooftop of the 34th floor, expect an unparalleled 360˚ view of bustling Kuala Lumpur, topped off with great music, a stylish crowd, the rooftop pool and a chill, relaxed ambience. Choose to dine al-fresco, huddle up in dark comfy spots or be seated at any one of the several bars; whatever your choice, look forward to a night you’ll remember. If you’re in the mood for something spicy and tangy, stop off at the 23rd floor and dine at the Soi 23. Expect Northern Thai cuisine, bursting with exotic flavours that will tantalise your taste buds, available for lunch and dinner. If Thai food isn’t your thing, opt for their ala carte menu which offers local and Western delights, all served while you gaze out onto the KL skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Regency Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.