I stayed at this hotel 25-27March & it was, without a doubt, the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in!
I had booked a Superior room and my friends had booked a Premier room. Upon check in I was wrongly allocated a twin-bedded room, which was quickly changed to a kingsize bed room that not only smelled horribly of bleach & cleaning chemicals but also had a cockroach infestation in the bathroom. The hotel staff dealt with cockroach by scooping it up into the only drinking glass in the room & told me that if I found any more they would try to change my room! The bathroom was unclean (soap wrappers & hair from previous guests lined the bathtub & soapdish) and the towels were greying, fraying & smelt stale.
The room itself & communal areas faired no better. All the paintwork was badly chipped & dirty, the carpet was filthy & ridden with cigarette burns, the few pieces of furniture which weren't broken had a number of deep cigarette burns, as did the bathtub.
Mini bar in room was empty. TV had just 6 channels, only one of which was in English.
I had a look at my friends' Premier room, which had cost twice the price of my Superior room, and it was exactly the same size etc. except that the furniture and carpet were less disgusting and the TV was flat screen.
Next morning, after a very unremarkable breakfast, we left the hotel, returning at lunchtime to find my room had not been made up & I had to chase housekeeping to arrange this.
The following morning I was woken by housekeeping knocking on my door in error, despite a Do Not Distub sign on my door. Awoken again at 11.00am in mild panic thanks to hotel fire drill! No warning had been given about this & when I contacted the Duty Manager to find out what exactly was going on, the phone was cut off 3 times, Finally, at 11.45 a letter was dropped into my room to advise me that the fire drill was taking place. (Having been involved in a real hotel fire &evacuation a number of years ago, I know first hand how scary & disorientating it is to be woken by a fire alarm!)
Upon checkout I asked to speak to the Duty Manager, Mr. Tony Jafar, and I listed all of the complaints above, and also pointed out that there had been a young prostitute and her pimp using the lift on the night we arrived, only for him to laugh in my face, literally laugh.
I am an experienced traveler, living in Thailand and I’m well aware of what to expect in a 3* hotel, sadly Radius Infestational does not even meet the standard of a 1* backpacker hostel. In summary, this hotel is absolutely disgusting. It is in a great location for bars & nightlife, but there are so many other hotels nearby that couldn't be any worse, in fact, even a night spent in a gutter would be preferable to staying here. Beware!
Rooms in another hotel would be preferable!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC