My lady friends and I found this hotel through a deal on Expedia, we went for a girls weekend and had a great time. The room was beautiful and big and the staff were good about the fact that we booked for two people and I also randomly showed up to make three.
Breakfast was life-altering. They had smoked salmon, brie, delicious dim sum, Chinese, indonesian, Malaysian and Western food. You can have fresh fruit juice, an omlette made in from of you, any number of breads and pastries, samosas, fresh fruit and it goes on and on and on. I was super impressed with this breakfast!! The room service meal we ordered was also good, other than the fact that I got a watermelon juice instead of a maitai.
The decor was also beautiful and the location was great, it is right beside a train station and super easy to connect to all of the other trains in Kuala Lumpur from there. Its also right beside a Citibank, so it was easy to get money out in a safe place.
The only problem we had, which was consistent, was with the WiFi. It was supposed to be complimentary but it was an incredibly involved and complicated process to just get the dang thing working. When it did work, it would work for a while and then kick right out again. It go to the point that they had to call the service provider to talk us through it. In all fairness, the staff were patient with dealing with our constant demands to get the internet working and they were helpful with figuring out how to get to the airport as I left on a different airline that flew out of a different airport than the one we flew in on.
Overall, I loved this stay and I would certainly stay here again if I return to KL.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Nikko Hotel
- Nikko Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Nikko
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel in the heart of Malaysia, InterContinental Kuala Lumpur offers one of the most sought after locations in the city, making it an ideal urban retreat for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel is just steps away from the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre and within walking distance to countless other shopping and entertainment activities. Choose to work in comfort or luxury in the 473 spaciously designed rooms, including 110 newly renovated Grand Premier Rooms that feature modern, earth tone furnishings and state-of-the-art enhancements. Wine and dine in style with a selection of restaurants including the award-wining Tatsu Japanese Restaurant, Tao Chinese Cuisine, Serena Brasserie, OneSixFive and Bentley's Pub. InterContinental Kuala Lumpur also boasts eight meeting rooms and two conference venues to host memorable events from an intimate group of 20 or a large conference of 600 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.