Stayed one week on business. Staff are empowered to go the extra mile, and you are bombarded with 'hello' and 'good morning' as you move about. They clearly have a great recruitment process, as they do genuinely enjoy their work and helping you.
Rooms are spacious and well-appointed, slightly tired (carpet, in mine, plus slow-draining sink) but no big deal.
Nice pool & gym area, with 'hidden' spa area with plunge pools.
Free wifi in lobby area and bar but only 4 seats in total in lobby, as the actual footprint of the hotel is quite small. If you sit in the bar, which isn't that big, you'll be pleasantly pressured to have a drink, which seems fair.
Bar is standard wood panelled Ritz Carlton, with US prices - £5 for a beer. You can easily rack up a very large bill with a few of you, as we did. Nice humidor and selection of spirits. There's a 7-11 5 minutes away (right and right again out the door) for basics, as there's no shop in the hotel itself. As mentioned elsewhere, direct link to a superbrand mall, with restaurants in the lower ground, and directly across the road from that is a more reasonable mall, with newsagent and pharmacy on the LG and lots of restaurants - quite lively actually.
Breakfast is the usual buffet with a choice of mains that the staff bring, very good.
Excellent concierge, they know everything - we wanted a Malay restaurant, local not fancy, recommended an excellent one - Songket - No.1 on Trip Advisor it turns out! (we went late to avoid the floor show...)
Overall, excellent value as a base and the malls are very handy.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Kuala Lumpur
- Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Ritz-Carlton
- Kuala Lumpur Ritz
- Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur features full butler service for all 365 guest rooms and suites. Named "Best Business Hotel" in Malaysia by Business Asia and CNBC, "Best Business Hotel in Kuala Lumpur" by Travel + Leisure, and ranked among the best in the world by Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List, the hotel re-defines Malaysian 5-star hospitality. Services and facilities include Li Yen, an award-winning Cantonese restaurant, The Lobby Lounge serving international and local favorites, Carlton Gourmet, serving fresh deli specialties, and Cesar's, a luxe-elegant breakfast retreat. With an award-winning tropical "Spa Village" and 24-hour fitness centre, a 30,000 square foot, 3-level wifi-enabled conference center, and a full-service business centre, all connected to the exclusive Starhill Gallery, The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur is the ideal destination for both business and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Splendia, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.