I stayed here for a second business trip to KL in May 2012. On our previous trip, we had stayed in the Traders Hotel, which was, in my opinion, absolutely excellent but the Mandarin Oriental has some aspects which are even more impressive.
We booked Club rooms, which I can recommend as the MO has the best club lounge you could ask for. The quality of food and service is top notch and the provision of meeting rooms is a real bonus when on business. The food was so good that I didn't need to eat anywhere outside the club lounge for the whole of my 4 day stay. Airport transfers were excellent and the hotel were efficient in ordering taxis to take us to meetings.
The hotel has a great gym, decent outside pool with a nice poolside bar and also provides squash courts, which I appreciated.
The room was clean and well set up, everything worked and I especially liked having an espresso machine in the room.
Overall a great stay and worth the premium price over its competitors if you can afford it, if only for the excellent food in the club lounge.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin Oriental
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated adjacent to the iconic Petronas Twin Towers, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is the city’s leading luxury hotel with 643 well appointed rooms, suites and serviced apartments. Delight your senses with an array of cuisines showcased in ten innovative outlets. Escape Kuala Lumpur’s urban bustle at The Spa with rejuvenating facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Therapies for a holistic well being. Take a dip at the infinity edge pool overlooking the spectacular city skyline or be mesmerized by the magnificent display of KLCC Lake Symphony Fountain at the Esplanade KLCC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Tablet Hotels, Otel, AsiaRooms, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.