“Excellent choice while attending a conference at the International Convention Center”
I stayed at the Royal Rihga hotel while attending a conference next door at the Osaka International Convention Center. For this purpose, the hotel was very convenient. However, if you are looking for a hotel in the center of the nightlife or restaurants, then the Royal Rhiga may not be the best choice since the immediate area around the hotel is devoid of bars or restaurants. However, there are bars and restaurants located in the mall under the hotel. Alternatively, the hotel does offer a convenient shuttle to the train station which is surrounded by a large number of restaurants and bars. The shuttle departs every 6 minutes during the day and every 15 minutes after 9PM. The shuttle is very popular and it was often necessary to wait your turn to get onto a shuttle.
The service at the Royal Rihga was amazing. Everyone I spoke with spoke excellent English and was professional and helpful.
I reserved one of the rooms on the Natural Comfort floors. This turned out to be a very good choice and definitely worth the extra cost for a number of reasons.
- The rooms are larger than the standard rooms
- There is extra security on the Natural Comfort floors because guests must use their key cards to access the floors. The floors with the standard rooms do not require key cards to access them and so the general public has access.
- I was offered discount coupons for the restaurants in the hotel
- Free access to the hotel pool
- But the best extra is the access to the lounge room on the 19th floor. The free benefits of the lounge access include a western and Japanese breakfast in the morning, tea, coffee and snacks in the afternoon and alcohol and snacks in the evening. The breakfast was very good and there were enough choices to keep us satisfied. The drinks and snacks were definitely appreciated. The lounge was a great way to relax during the day or to unwind with colleagues over a beer after the conference. The lounge itself was large with a lot of tables by the windows and tasteful decor. There were different rooms so that you could find a quiet table or you could be with larger groups at the larger tables in the other rooms.
The Natural Comfort room was large and tastefully decorated. We had good views from the windows. There was lots of shelving, a desk, drawers, a kettle and a refrigerator. The bathroom was large. The bathroom mirror was heated so that it quickly defogged. The room was clean, but did show signs of moisture in the bathroom where the shower area was darkened by mildew growth.
The internet was Y1050 per day and was wired. An Ethernet cable is provided in the room.
Despite all of the good things about the hotel, there were some problems. The key cards had the hotel room printed on them. Anyone who found a lost key could easily figure out the door which it opened which is a security issue. The other problem was a lack of ventilation in the bathroom. The bathroom was hot and humid after a shower and there was evidence of mildew on the bathroom ceiling.
Overall, an excellent stay in Osaka if you are attending a conference. If you are a tourist in the city, the hotel is still a good choice, but not the most central location. Definitely get a room in the Natural Comfort Tower. I found that the rates offered on Expedia were far better than those offered on the hotel website.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC