I travel to Hangzhou quite often and really pitty the fact that I only got to know this hotel during my last visit. Whereas I normally stayed at other hotels such as the Hyatt and Shangri-La, this hotel beats them all. The hotel looks modern, spacious and luxurious! The rooms are large and comfortable, equipped with all your needs for a business or leisure stay. I would say the biggest and best rooms in Hangzhou. Especially the beds! They are excellent. I could not help snoozing in 15 minutes every morning, thats how comfy they are! Next to the rooms, the hotel offers great restaurants. A big variety of 'western' food during the breakfast and lovely assistance of many foreigner staff. Something missing?, just ask them and excellent service is provided in a pleasant warm manner. The hotel also offers a Chinese restaurant which I did not try, but I imagine certainly worth it after seeing the view over the west-lake.
I visited Thailand before but the Thai restaurant is in one word simply Amazing! The food is authentic but served in a modern atmosphere. Very relaxing and fine Thai Iced Teas! Excellent service from the Thai manager Piya and all her staff and beautiful food by their Thai chef Prawit. I also got great help and assistance from the guest relations team figuring out where to find the best places to visit in Hangzhou and surroundings. The manager Julia and her staff really walk the extra mile! They are providing a lot of extra information and it is a pleasure to just talk to them as well!
Next to this all, the hotel is situated close to the west-lake, only a 5 minute walk. The distance to the airport is good at 20 minutes. Ask the hotel to pick you up, this saved me a lot of waiting and arguing about prices and I got a very comfortable ride.
So, if by any chance you are heading for Hangzhou, make sure to book at Wyndham!
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou Hotel Hangzhou
- Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is adjacent to the breathtaking West Lake, a recent addition to UNESCOS WORLD HERITAGE list, facing the provincial government offices and administration, within walking distance of Wulin Street, and close to Hangzhou Tower and Intime department store. 301 various well-appointed guestrooms such as lakeview rooms, cityview room, suites, and rooms specially designed for ladies, outfitted with balconies, independent bathroom with separate bathtub and shower, 37-inch LCD TVs and high-speed wireless internet access.Western, Chinese and Thai restaurants can always match your taste.7 well-equipped conference rooms seating from 20 to 500 guests. The large Royale Ballroom with a unique window view of the West Lake hill, is the only ballroom in Hangzhou providing this feature!It’s the perfect place to create long-lasting memories for your business, conference or leisure trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.