I recently visited this hotel in June 2012. There are 2 towers (A & B), I stayed in Tower B. I went with my family 2 adults and 2 kids.
Check-In/Out: Was reasonably quick. They accept all major credit cards. Bellman assisted us with our bags.
Room: We had a room with 4 single beds. Overall room condition was decent, there was a small kitchnette which we never used (no cutlery there). Washroom was decent also, nothing extravagant but it was sufficient for our purposes. Bring your own toilettries as the ones they provide are not that great.
Location: Excellent for females as the ladies entrance ot the haram is a 5 minute walk. The men's entrance is another 2 minute walk. Jannatul Baqi is on the opposite side and take about 10 minutes to walk to. The best thing is that during the day time the large umbrella's are open in the haram so most of the walk is shaded.
Here are my other thoughts:
- Location can't be beat. Also the SAPTCO VIP bus which takes you to Makka and Jeddah can be found opposite the hotel which makes it very convinient.
- Just below the hotel there is a Bin Dawood supermarket (it's huge). It has everything you need from food/snacks/drinks, toiletteries, clothing, dates..etc. We bought a lot of our dates from there, they have an excellent selection. There are also a lot of other stores below the hotel. You can also find a store selling SIM phone cards.
- Buffet breakfast at the restaurant is great, a huge selection of items, and you will have a view of the haram area while you eat.
- There are very many food choices (like KFC, Hardees) in close proximity. They are about a 10 minute walk to get to, however it's not too bad.
- Make sure you confirm the breakfast buffet is free for your kids, I was told it is, and when I got there I had an argument with the waiter who said kids over 10 are not free (even though my reservation clearly stated they were - I booke right off the hotel's website).
- Also Known As:
- Anwar Al Madinah Moevenpick Hotel Medina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Anwar al Madinah Mövenpick Hotel is Madinah’s largest hotel. It offers extensive facilities for families, individual travellers and leisure groups. As well as being the nearest hotel to the Prophet’s Mosque, it is also close to all main attractions in Madinah. The hotel is directly linked to the shopping mall with underground parking. Close to Masjid Al Nabawi, the Anwar al Madinah Mövenpick Hotel is located in the centre of the commercial district. It is the nearest hotel to the Ladies’ Prayer Entrance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Occupancy Marketing, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Anwar Al Madinah Moevenpick Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.