I have just spent a week on this wonderful island. Ok, this was my first visit to the Maldives, so I cannot compare this island and hotel to any others. The staff were wonderful (not at all frustrated like somebody else made them out to be - but maybe the man who wrote the review was) and they all did all they could to make me feel at home. The food was delicious - complements to the chef - and in the week that I was there, we did not have the same thing twice. The atmosphere in the restaurant was friendly and relaxed. There are big tables where you can sit with different guests and get to know everybody (I was never forced to sit anywhere, or hounded for tips by anyone). We had themed meals 3 times, which were a real treat, and the food that was produced was excellent. The rooms were simple but immaculate, and had everything you needed (no air con, which you did not need, there was always a lovely cool breeze blowing). All the rooms/bungalows look straight out onto the lagoon, either facing east, or west. Each has its own little terrace with deck chairs, and hammocks strung between the palm trees. We were taken out in their boat twice a day to snorkel, always in a different place. The reef is amazing. The atmosphere is very relaxed. I did not wear any shoes for the whole of my stay. Twice a week you can go out fishing, although I was not very good at that. I did not make the most of all the water sports that were available, because I was always snorkeling, but there are many available. I can highly recommend this small hotel to anybody who wants a relaxing no frills holiday, with the reef, beach and lagoon at your doorstep. Thanks go to ALL at Rihiveli.
- Also Known As:
- Rihiveli Beach Hotel South Male Atoll
- Rihiveli Beach Hotel
- Rihiveli Beach Resort Maldives/South Male Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rihiveli Maldives, a piece of heaven on earth to enjoy barefoot comfort, panoramic view of expansive sky, shimmering allure of warm cerulean water, and glorious hues, this is where you can revel in a Robinson Crusoe environment, and bask in the tranquility borne of simplicity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Fastbooking so you can book your Rihiveli Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.