We just returned from our 11-day April 2012 honeymoon in the Maldives. We usually get bored quiet easily and like experiencing lots of different things, so decided to visit 3 very different islands in 11 days. For those of you reading this looking to go there also for the first time like us, we can tell you that we have been to pretty much everywhere in the world and Maldives is really something else, you really should experience it if you can afford the high price tag, it is definitely worth it.
We chose to stay in Banyan Tree Vabinfaru for 3 nights based on Tripadvisor reviews and the recommendation of our travel agent. Around 20 minutes by speed boat from Male airport, very smooth transfer. Greeted upon arrival by the manager Mr Hilmy and immediately shown to our room where we completes the check-in procedures. They upgraded us to a deluxe beach front villa which we appreciated a lot, room was very clean, bathroom al fresco very modern and beautiful, with a jakuzzi that we did not use.
The staff in Banyan Tree is just amazing.. from the receptionists to the restaurant staff, room service etc... most of them have been there for over 10 years, they must surely have amazing training.
Snorkeling in the Maldives is great in general, but in Vabbinfaru.... its something else... they have the most beautiful house reef with thousands of amazing fish... You can see 15-20 sharks from their pier in evening time as it starts getting dark. They have some turtles on site too that they educate and feed twice daily. Sting ray feeding at 5pm daily, Musa is great with them, 5-6 of them come everyday, they been coming for 11 years we heard, very friendly sting rays.
Food was excellent. We were fulll board. Breakfast and lucnh buffets had lots of quality choice. Dinner is a la carte but it is near michelin star standards, with amuse bouches and sorbets in between courses etc... Drinks as usual not included, $3 for warter and $5 for cola.
Everything was excellent, except.... they had mosquitos.... got 5-6 really bad bites despite using Boots tropical strength repellent most of the time... If they can fix that, I would be very happy to go back again.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Maldives
- Banyan Tree Maldives Hotel
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cast away on a secluded coral atoll in the paradisaical Maldives archipelago, you experience a sense of magic, romance and tranquility at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru that's second to none. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.