We last went to Royal Island 4 years ago and since then it has always been my best ever holiday. Just arrived back from 2 weeks there and it is still the best holday ever! We have been lucky enough to holiday all over the world and there is still nothing like the Maldives. We requested the same villa as last time - 205 - and it was as good as we remebered. We were treated like royalty as we were "repeaters" and the staff made extra effort to ensure we were having a good time. The manager gave us a tour of the operational area of the island and it was really interesting to see how much organisation has to go on behind the scenes to ensure we all get fed & watered!
The only thing that has changed since our last visit is the small boulder wall they have put out on the reef to stop erosion problems. We did not feel it detracted it any way on the outlook. I do agree with some comments from other travellers that alot of the reef has died and this unfortunately is something they can do nothing about. We snorkelled everyday off the reefs and although the coral is not as pretty as it was there was still masses of fish. Whoever wrote in their review there were no fish were obviously not snorkelling where we were! Parrot fish galore and a massive array of beautiful reef life. We saw a couple of turtles and a few jellyfish!
We went all inclusive again and its definitely worth it. The drinks are expensive and the food is too - mainy because everything is imported.
Hopefully we will go back again as we have never experienced such friendly staff and beautiful views!
- Also Known As:
- Royal Island Hotel Baa Atoll
- Royal Island Resort And Spa
- Royal Island Hotel
- Royal Island Resort Maldives
- Royal Island
- Royal Island Resort & Spa Maldives/Baa Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the Maldives you’ve always dreamt of at Royal Island Resort & Spa. Amidst the sparkling jewels of the Indian Ocean, our exquisite Maldives luxury hotel shines and dazzles above all. Indulge and immerse yourself in a colorful journey of discovery, where shores lined with luxuriant banyans and lush palms yield to a majestic underwater world that will render you speechless. Enjoy unmatched services and facilities, including the lavish Araamu Spa and a fabulous selection of restaurants and bars. Relax and unwind with a vast selection of resort activities , including a fully equipped gymnasium, tennis, and squash to scuba diving and water skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Royal Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.