We visited the beautiful island of Kihaad for our honeymoon on 5th November 2013. We arrived after a good flight and were greeted by the staff who made us feel very welcome. The island is beautiful and still keeps it unique style as it is not built up and you are made to feel like you are in the middle of nowhere...which is what we wanted. All of the staff especially Ina on reception and Nicharm and Seb made our visit just perfect. Our room boy was excellent and worked so hard and was happy to talk to us about the island and looked after us all the time. The food in the main restaurant was amazing and there was such a variety each day....breakfast was cool...the best coffee i've tasted whilst abroad and the waiters couldn't do enough for you. You can do as much as you like or just sit and do nothing...its up to you. We did have rain which is to be expected but overall the weather was good. we visited the Spa one day and again we were looked after and had a wonderful massage. Our Villa was perfect, right on the beach which most of the time was deserted and it made you feel like you had the whole island to yourself. We went on a couple of trips...sunset fishing which was cool...but not much of a sunset lol the private sunset cruise which was a bit choppy but we survived. We really enjoyed the snorkelling and it was amazing to see the marine life up close....its a different world. The Maldives our beautiful and or trip out there was perfect and I would recommend the island of Kihaad to everyone.
Thank you so much for making our honeymoon brilliant...and an unforgettable experience.
Steve & Anna x
- Also Known As:
- Gioia Resort Valtur Kihaad Hotel Baa Atoll
- Gioia Resort Valtur Kihaad Hotel
- KIHAAD Maldives Baa Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redefined, refurbished and recognized as KIHAAD Maldives, nestled on its own 600 meters long, coconut-shaped island, complete with lush green vegetation, long white beaches and an adjacent house reef. Whilst the resort offers 110 spacious, private villas and whole range of simple and natural facilities, majority of the island has still been left in its pristine natural state.KIHAAD – named traditionally in local Dhivehi language as `young coconut island` with a beach length of some 1,200 meters around the Island, is a haven of peace, tranquility and serenity. Proudly nestled within the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, the entire Island and lagoon is the exclusive and private domain of our guests set just across the Hanifaru Bay which is a world renowned Marine Protected Area (MPA) announced by UNESCO, where whale sharks and manta rays meet seasonally. Just like UNESCO, the philosophy of KIHAAD is to focus on the preservation of marine life and local lifestyle, traditional ways and customs of serving and living together. That is why we are the first ‘The Reserve’ island in the Maldives. Guests may fly-in on seaplanes by a 35-minute scenic photo-flight from the international airport at Male', the capital of the Maldives.KIHAAD Maldives is also the closest Island to Dharavandhoo Domestic Airport scheduled to open in November 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your KIHAAD Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.